This month, our sexy foodie Jordan Bruno has something sweet to sink your teeth into: Red Velvet Cupcakes.
11/3 cups plain flour
1 cup self-raising flour
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
11/2 cups sugar
1 cup all natural yogurt
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 melted butter
1/4 canola oil
3 teaspoons red food colouring
2 teaspoons white vinegar
Cream Cheese Icing:
250g cream cheese
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups icing sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla essence
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 180-degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake wrappers. Give them a light spray with canola oil. This makes around 18 cupcakes.
2. Sift the flours, cocoa powder and baking powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar.
3. In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients (yogurt, lemon, milk, butter, oil, eggs, food colouring and vinegar) until well combined. 4. Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring until it is just combined.
4. Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring until it is just combined.
5. Scoop the mixture into the cupcake wrappers until they are three quarters full, bake for 20-25 minutes or until you can poke a skewer into the centre and it comes out clean.
6. To make the frosting, whisk the butter until light and fluffy, then gradually add the cream cheese in small cubes until well incorporated. Finally, start to beat in the sugar and vanilla.
7. Once cupcakes are cool smear the icing over the red velvet cupcakes and enjoy!
MORE: Check out The Gay Chef on Instagram.